One of the best moments ever in travelling to Florida is the moment you step out of the airport, and breath in the first breath of air. It smells lovely - warm, mildly damp, fragrant, tropical. I took that breath yesterday and savored it! After two uneventful flights (the best kind), we arrived around supper time here. Our house is a small one-bedroom unit, but newly decorated, and really nice. I don't have my scrap booking stuff set up yet, we need to find a table I can use, and the D&D folks are trying to equip us. We also cannot live without a BBQ and a tea kettle, so hopefully we'll get those things soon.
Today was a "getting set up" day. Stocked up on groceries, got the rental car set up, oriented ourselves to this part of town. Found maps and "things to do" brochures. I have begun moving things around in the house and in the cupboards to suit my own sense of organization. The temperature today was 74 F, and it was a thrill to get up and put on summer clothes and sandals! Dan and Nicholine gave us the first season of Lost on DVD to take along and we might get started on that tonight.
Tomorrow many baseball teams start spring training, and I think we are going to a baseball game in the afternoon. Loving' looking out at palm trees - and, oh yes, breathing in that tropical air!
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi there - glad to see that you've got the blog working - I tried posting a comment yesterday, but wasn't able to, so am hoping this will work better today. Good to see you're getting yourself settled; however it's hard not to be envious when you talk about tropical smells in the air.
ReplyDeleteNo news to report at this end.
Love,
Laurie