Thursday, February 26, 2009

A Home Away From Home

Our unit - in the corner. After two days of organizing, shopping etc, it feels like home. We are really comfortable. This morning we sat out in this lawn area to read. I started a Bible study that I want to work through on this sabbatical. The area is really quiet, for several blocks in every direction are D&D homes, all very well-kept up.

This huge tree is right in front of our unit - our front door is the one on the left. This unit used to be a utility room. Recently the D&D folks did a small addition to create a bedroom, and renovated the whole unit to make a comfortable little house. Everything is very modern, lovely colors.


Supper on the b-b-q. We picked this model up at Walmart for $19.95 US. It operates by propane. We can't do summer without a b-b-q!!



Cooking supper today. Glad I thought to put my apron which Rachel made me into the luggage.




Our kitchen bar. Our house is too small for a table but we are surprised at how eaily we are adjusting to eating side by side instead of across from each other. The open door you can see beyond the bar is our bathroom. It's really tiny, but has everything we need!





The living area. The door leading outside is immediately to the left. I am standing in the bedroom doorway with the bedroom behind me. The bedroom is a good size, and today the D&D folks found me a card table which I set up in the bedroom for my scrapbooking.






Looking into the living area from the kitchen. Hope you enjoyed this little tour, and now you can imagine us in this setting.







No comments:

Post a Comment