Friday, March 20, 2009

Movies for a Dollar!

There are several movies which received Oscar nominations that I never got to see, including Doubt and Frost/Nixon. I thought I would have to see them on video. However, they are both playing at a theatre south of here called "DeSoto Dollar Movies"! So we travelled out there on Friday to see Doubt in a matinee, and incredibly the admission really was just a dollar! The movie generated lots of conversation and I'll be posting my thoughts about it soon.


We've seen the trailers for Duplicity numerous times on TV, and have been looking forward to it opening because we're both big Julia Roberts fans. http://duplicitymovie.net/

It opened on the weekend to dismal reviews! It was rated a C minus, and the reviewer described it thus: "Competing corporate spies (Julia Roberts, Clive Owen) steal valuable time from moviegoers." Hmmm - maybe we'll wait for the video on this one!

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to your comments as I never made it to theatre to see Doubt and was looking forward to seeing it on video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Doubt when it first came out - it was an unusual movie since it all takes place in such a short period of time. And I found at the end, I was still "wondering". Looking forward to your thoughts.

    Love
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete