Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Farewell to Florida

Hard as it is to believe, our nine week adventure here is drawing to an end. Spent this afternoon at the beach. Tomorrow we have to clean our unit and get everything packed. Friday at 6:30 a.m. we will be on a flight winging our way back to Canada and home.
This time here has had two themes: rest and play! Best things? Unhurried talks with Sam, the weather, sleeping 10-11 hours every night, watching live baseball, the weather, slow days, walking for fitness, the weather, being greeted by the sun and warm air every morning, b-b-quing often, leisurely reading good books - oh and did I mention the weather?? And in the midst, the gentle touch of God taking us deeper into the safety that is part of His character.
I feel sad that this time has come to an end, but the Lord reminded me today that it was only awesome because it was His time for me to enjoy this. Staying when it's His time to move on isn't the best plan.
I have had a lot of fun doing this blog, and I hope you have enjoyed reading it. So many of you commented, which I enjoyed a lot! Thanks to each of you who followed along on my adventure. This is the last post for now. I won't be continuing the blog when I leave Florida, but I might resurrect it when I take another travel adventure in the future.
Enjoy this good-bye video!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe how fast time goes by - just in the normal living situations, so I'm sure it's seemed even more magnified during this time for you. I'm sorry you won't be keeping up your Blog as I look forward to seeing if there is anything new.

    Talk soon.
    Love,
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here I thought we'd get updates on all your home projects too :-) !! I'm glad you've had a good rest, and I know it will continue into your home stay as well!!

    ReplyDelete